Friday, 15 February 2013

Dreaming of Weddings, and Nazis...


I am probably going mental.

In fact, I am almost certain of it.

In my infinite boredom, I often say to myself that I really ought to learn to sew! After all my mother and grandmother manage it, and it would be rather unfair of me to pile all of my sewing demands onto them (intricate, fussy and impatient demands at the very least)!

Alas,  I have neither the room nor the money for even the smallest addition to my apartment, even another plate would have a hard time squeezing in!  So a sewing machine and all the bits-and-bobs that go with it would outstay their welcome before you could say "How does this turn on again?"…

Where does this fit in with going mental? Ahhh yes… Last night, my subconscious invited me to another one-off performance of those surrealist masterpieces known as dreams.  But I was treated to three slightly entangled ones instead- bonus you might say…

In one segment, I was to be getting married!  And oh how happy I was too!!  Why I was dreaming this I do not know, even more mysterious is that I was getting married to  a complete Tory- something I hope never to replicate in my waking life!  

Anywho, the dress, yes, THE DRESS! So vivid is its image in my mind's eye that it has found a way to invade my dreams! In said dream, my mum was hard at work, getting ready to whip up this master piece by hand (which is where the sewing comes in).  However, for whatever reason, I was too late, in a reversal of fortunes I turned up half-way through only to catch the bastard in the middle of marrying someone else!  ( I wonder what weird psychological explanation there is for that cruel twist of dream fate!)


(This was my original inspiration for 'The Dress')

But nevertheless I have been floating around in a wedding-inspired haze all day! Maybe this has something to do with yesterday being Valentine's Day? Maybe not considering I barely left the house for fear of sickening Paris couples everywhere- yuck. Whatever the inspiration behind this dream was (that also included a Tsunami, and running away from Nazis) I am thankful for its existence as it has in turn inspired me to create this Pinterest board based on my Dream Dress- so that in the future, my sources of reference will be easily accessible, and I can aim to avoid the whole, 'being-late-and-missing-your-wedding' scenario of my dream.  I can either sew the dress myself (unlikely) or be all naggy and nit-picky while my mum slaves over it.  Or we could all face the fact that me getting married is highly unlikely and just forget about the whole thing! Although that makes all this typing seem even more pointless, hmmm… 


1 comment: